ACE Advisory Group
ACE’s Advisory Group (AG) acts in an advisory capacity to DFID, both Executive Directors of the ACE Research Partnership Consortium led by Prof Mushtaq Khan at SOAS and to Prof Paul Heywood who leads the ACE Grants scheme hosted by the British Academy.
The AG has two basic roles: i) to advise on research strategy and methods and ii) to advise on and support engagement with policy makers, and research uptake.
The AG members were selected for their variety of expertise in research and policy making, coming from different countries and organisations. Those invited to the first meeting were:
- Peter Evans, DFID
- Sarah Birch, King’s College London
- Mark Butler, CDC group
- Fredrik Eriksson, Chr. Michelson Institute / U4
- Duncan Green, Oxfam
- Maggie Murphy, Transparency International
- Bo Rothstein, Blavatnik School of Government
- Tina Søreide, Norwegian School of Economics
- Joel Turkewitz, World Bank
- Robert Wade, London School of Economics
- Shadrach Haruna, Commonwealth Secretariat
- Nathalie Delapalme, Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- Phil Mason, DFID
DFID will convene an advisory group meeting when there is a specific need for advice and engagement, and the invited membership may change depending on the specific needs.